Saturday, February 27, 2016

Review: Becoming Calder by Mia Sheridan via Goodreads

Becoming CalderBecoming Calder by Mia Sheridan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+ Morning Glory and Butterscotch Stars!

This is the second book I've read by Mia Sheridan. After Archer's Voice, I was so excited to read another book from her, to dive in her amazing writing skills. Because there is something in her writing that makes you feel every emotion deeply in your soul. Every word creates a tingly sensation on your skin. The story and the characters put a smile on your face. Also, she makes you feel pain, sorrow, longing.

Becoming Calder is the first book of Aquarius(my sign) Duo and it has a lot of connection with the sign. This book is literally a Young Adult and Contemporary Romance book. But this book has more than that. I wouldn't categorize it just with those two. Because Becoming Calder "feels" like a magical, mythical, historical, even a little bit dystopian, young adult and contemporary romance. So...To categorize this book just with one category wouldn't do the justice.

Let me use the blurb to explain what Becoming Calder is about:

There is a place in modern day America with no electricity, no plumbing, and no modern conveniences. In this place, there is no room for dreams, no space for self-expression, and no tolerance for ambition.

There is a cult named as Acadia with a leader named as Hector. They live the simplest way possible, are obedient to the Hector and what the Gods' rules. Living isolated from the real world, the modern world, they don't have anything for themselves. Because being selfish is sin and not allowed.
And the most important thing is they don't ask questions, they just believe.

description

In this place, there is a boy with the body of a god and the heart of a warrior. He is strong and faithful and serves his family honorably. But he dares to dream of more.

Calder Raynes...We met him when he was only ten years old sweet boy. He is a Water Bearer. With each passing days, he became a young man. He is intelligent, sweet, handsome, simply beautiful in and out. He has the simplest but the rarest attribute in him. He is GOOD.

I watched the way he was smiling and laughing and the way other people, whenever they were around him, seemed to smile, too. It was like he just exuded joy and goodness.
He was beautiful...


description

In this place, there is a girl with the face of an angel and a heart full of courage. To her family, she is the vision of obedient perfection. But she dares to want that which she has been told can never be hers.

Eden...The Blessed One...The one who carries the responsibility of big destiny. The one who has to be selfless and obedient to take everyone to the Elysium. But she is too strong to be ruled and too delicate to be selfless. All those years, she wanted one thing and she is too passionate to give up on that dream.

As I stared at her, a strange feeling gripped me, almost lie a sort of déja vu, as if this moment was a memory- not one that was in my mind, but in my blood, in the very fiber of who I was.


description

Becoming Calder is the story of good versus evil, fear versus bravery, and the truth that the light of love has always found its way into even the darkest of places . . . From the beginning of time to the end of the world.

Where they lived there wasn't a place for their love. That was selfish, impossible. Everything was against them. The destiny was against them. But the love found a way to grow in them. Slowly, surely and irrecoverably.

"His smile lit up my world, even from afar. he was perfect. And I loved him. I loved him desperately."
"I will protect your sweet and hopeful heart. I vow to shield you from any ugliness in this world and always be your shelter in the storm."


description

This book was an epic read for me that I'll never forget. Even while writing this review I already want to re-read Becoming Calder. Their pure love and innocent passion were captivating, steamy and sweet.
After Archer's Voice, I thought I knew what I should expect from this book but Mia Sheridan totally surprised me. I'm spellbound by the book, the storyline, how different this book than Archer.
Although I know it's wrong to compare books, I couldn't help but ask myself if I loved Archer or Calder more. I can say both are the same but then...I may even love Calder more.

If you want to witness how love grows in two people's heart, how they can find a sacred place to worship that love day by day...Read this book. This book reminds us how the real love should be and how strong it is.

I truly, absolutely loved everything about this book!!




No comments:

Post a Comment