Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Abby's Review: Echo by E.K. Blair via Goodreads

Echo (Black Lotus, #2)Echo by E.K. Blair
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+ Nina vs Elizabeth Stars

In Echo, the story continues from where Bang left it. Nina Vanderwal found herself in a big mess. Her life turned upside down. Her polished life shattered. She was in pain and her pain wasn't for the one everyone assumed.

Elizabeth Archer lost her love, her anchor, her sanctuary...But most of all, she lost her identity and her reason to live. All she felt was the pain...



To find herself, to find something to keep going with her life she went to Scotland. She left the States to be near her lost love. Yet, she found a dark hope in the man she loved. But her love changed by something dark, twisted. He was marked anymore. He held the darkness in his eyes and she carried the guilt of that darkness. But at the same time, she was the only one who can take away that darkness, that pain.



I loved how this book showed every emotions, every feelings no matter how disturbing or twisted they were. It didn't sugar coat them, it made the reader embrace them.
Echo wasn't an easy book, it wasn't a book everyone can read.

"My choices-my decisions- they're poisonous. I used that poison for power, but it backfired."


In Bang, Elizabeth was strong and hide the skeletons inside her dark heart. But in Echo, she was vulnerable. She was a mess and she let herself feel. She let herself to be weak.
In the second book of the serial, Elizabeth let go all the lies and stripped herself bare to a man she loved. But while doing that she also tried to find herself.

"Life has taught me that heartache is inevitable, proving over and over that dreams are simply that-dreams. İmaginative figments of our subconscious."


She risked herself to shatter with the trust toward the man who hates and loves her.



"I don't know if I'm ever going to get over this-if I'm ever going to get to the point where I don't want to punish you for what you've done. But I need you to understand something; I need you to know that even though you may feel pain, I will never hurt you. I will do everything to give you what was taken from you. I'm going to make you feel safe, I promise you that."


Echo ended with a big question, a cliffhanger. And I'm so curious and anxious at the same time how this story will end.





No comments:

Post a Comment