Sunday, March 13, 2016

Review: Cleat Chaser by Celia Aaron and Sloane Howell via Goodreads

Cleat ChaserCleat Chaser by Celia Aaron and Sloane Howell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4,5 -Baseball player is that...Player- Stars!

"How can you not be romantic about baseball?"

Cleat Chaser may be (maybe not) the first book I have read in Sports Romance. And it is about baseball?! I know baseball is a classic in America but not where I am. So, to say that I have no idea about baseball probably won't shock you. But...This book made me want to watch baseball matches and mostly made me want to bang one of those baseball players. *just saying*




Cleat Chaser is also another first for me. This is the first book I've read by Celia Aaron and Sloane Howell. But since I knew how fun these two authors together (thanks to their social media banter) I knew this book would be fun to read. And it was...

Kyrie Kent has sworn off of players, thanks to her ex. Her heart has nothing to do with baseball or the players in that matter. But no matter how much distance she put between her and the baseball, like reading on her Kindle in a baseball game, the pull between her and Easton isn't something she can ignore. Especially when her best friend Nikki does everything in her power to trick her into double-dating. And not when her heart already does funny things whenever she thinks about him, no matter what her past experiences warn her.


My heart constricted and I couldn't tell if I wanted to rush back down to meet him or turn and run. A few years earlier, I knew which emotion would have won out. Not anymore. I gave him one more look, locking his handsome face in my memory, before turning my back and melting into the crowd.


Easton Holliday is the baseball player, the pitcher. But he cannot ignore the sudden lust when he saw Kyrie standing behind the net. He has to meet her, know her and have her. Being the player since years with hot body and handsome face, he has the upper hand on Kyrie.

Though it was foolish, and I was certain I would regret it, I took his hand.


Cleat Chaser was entertaining, HOT and light read. The sexual tension at first and then the smutty scenes were enough to make readers hot&bothered.
I loved the characters so much and couldn't help laughing out loud while reading their dialogues. Kyrie and Easton were good together but I also loved Nikki and Braden as much as them.
Though I loved Kyrie, my favorite characters were Nikki and Kasey. Their ability to turn everything dirty was just the perfect thing for me! And that would be awesome to have best friends like them.

"You eat a hot-dog like a third-grader."
"That's not what Braden said last night."
"You just turned a grade school insult dirty."





No comments:

Post a Comment