Friday, March 18, 2016

Abby's Review: One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters via Goodreads

One Day Soon (One Day Soon, #1)One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+ -Tell me a story- Stars

This is the first book I've read by Meredith Walters. But I believe this will not be the last.
Like always, I didn't read any review about this book. I love discovering every tiny piece on my own. But I knew most of my friends liked this book and I knew this book was emotional. I didn't need to know more than that.

Imogen Conner was the neglected child. When she decided it was better to live on the streets than living in a loveless house, her life changed completely.
She tasted love, vulnerability, fear, hunger, betrayal, hope, friendship, loss...She felt every kind of emotion that changes her whole life.
She found her happy life. But it caused her a broken heart.



Yossarian Frazier had nothing. He didn't have the luxury of taking something for granted. He made decisions and he live the consequences of them. He escaped from a nightmare to another. His life was far from great but he still had the hope of a happy life.
And he found it when he saw the girl on the floor, blood on her hands and scared look on her face.

Two young souls bound together, had innocent feelings in the darkness, under the shadow of survival. But life wasn't easy for them. Closing the eyes didn't erase the bad things that happened in the dark alleys, around them, to them. Love didn't erase the shame or guilt clawed into their souls.
Love kept them prisoner.
Broken promises caused tears.

He found me in blood and tears.
I stayed with him through darkness and fire.
We loved each other in the moment between innocence and bitter truth.
We were the kids easily ignored, who grew into adults we hardly knew.
We weren’t meant to last forever. And we didn’t.





He ran away.
I tried to move on.
Yet I never stopped thinking about the boy who had fought to keep me alive in a world that would have swallowed me whole. He was the past that I buried, but never forgot.



Fifteen years later, life gave them a second chance in a twisted way. There was still the same fear of losing. There was still strong love after all those years. But there was also heartache, questions that needed to be answered. And they still needed the chance to be together again.
They both grew into adults but they were still teenagers deep down.

Most people get over their first loves. They picked up the pieces and moved on.
That hadn't been possible for me.
Because what Yoss and I had shared was more than first love.
It was deeper than adolescent lust and affection.
It had been soul changing.
Life altering.
It had been reckless attachment during bleak, dangerous times. It had been a light in a murky darkness that had almost consumed us both






One Day Soon was a well-written, heart-breaking story. It was hard to read from time to time. It gave me heartache from the first page. Even it didn't give away so many details, it was enough to cause deep feelings. It was enough to hurt. When I finished reading this book I was one breath away of crying.
One Day Soon didn't polish bad situations, it embraced them. There was only dim light in the darkness, enough to hope, enough to love but not enough to be together.

I truly recommend this book for every emotional book lovers. It will teach you not to judge anyone, it will make you believe in second chances, happy lifes.

And it will teach you one more thing:

A happy story doesn't always have a happy ending.





No comments:

Post a Comment