Sunday, March 6, 2016

Review: Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan via Goodreads

Midnight LilyMidnight Lily by Mia Sheridan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5+ My Lily, my ghost, my dream Stars

Mia Sheridan is definitely one of my favorite authors. I feel like whatever she writes I would read it. Even it was her shopping list.
The awesome thing about her books is she never repeats herself. She always comes up with something different, something new.
But there are also some things what never changes...Like her amazing writing skills, lovable characters, sweet but not too cheesy romance, steamy scenes and lots of emotions. This book had all of them.

I didn't read any reviews about this book, I read only the blurb and I knew it would be mysterious. But to think this book just mysterious is an understatement. Midnight Lily was nothing like I've read before. It left me speechless. It was brilliant with the flowing storyline.

But also, writing a review for Midnight Lily without giving any spoilers is pretty hard thing. Anyway, I'll just try...

Holden Scott was famous, he was a football player. But behind of his fame, his life was on a downhill. He wasn't happy with his life and he found the peace in drugs. Till he touched the bottom. Finally, to get his life back he came to a lodge in Colorado.

Nothing except ait, forest, stone and sky. Oh, and an abandoned mental instituation.

Something's about to happen.


His therapeutic trip became interesting when he saw a girl in the woods. A girl with dark hair in a white lace dress. Who was that girl, in the middle of nowhere? Was she real or a hallucination?

description

She walks in beauty, like the night.
Of cloudless climes and starry skies
And all that's best of dark and bright


Midnight Lily is about love.
It is about perfection in the imperfect situations.
It's about jumping to the darkness for our loved ones.
It's about accepting each other with the flaws, with the demons and with all the uncertainty.

description

In short...
This book shocked me time to time with its twists. But at the end, I felt like my eyes were jumping from their sockets. My jaw dropped to the floor. I had a lot of theories while reading the book but I didn't see THAT coming at the end.
This book was brilliant!!




No comments:

Post a Comment