Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Review: Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard

Gabriel's Inferno (Gabriel's Inferno, #1)Gabriel's Inferno by Sylvain Reynard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3,5-4 I.Will.Learn.How.to.Speak.Italian.Stars

description


Julia Mitchell is a graduate student who wants to study on Dante.

Gabriel Emerson is The Professor who is mysteriously charming...

Okay...

description


First of all I need to tell that this book confused me. I was confused how I am feeling about it. One moment I love it. Truly. But other moment I was not that sure if I like it.

I have things that I love and not like at all about Gabriel's Inferno.

I loved Gabriel's difficult and dark persona.(and his tattoo, I have a thing for tattoos) It was what I like. He was charming and sophisticated. He was like a dark knight from different century.

Julia Mitchell was sweet and kind person. Although she had issues in her personality. That's because how she was treated. But she was not a total fighter, she prefered to close herself in a shell. Atleast that was what I figured.


“Why not think that sometimes—just sometimes—you can overcome evil with silence? And let people hear their hatefulness in their own ears, without distraction. Maybe goodness is enough to expose evil for what it really is, sometimes.”


Another thing about Julia...She was too uptight for her own good and for my taste. Till last parts of the book I felt this way. But then, I understood her reasons...Still...I like a little more adventurous heroins (no offence Julia!)

Another confusing thing about this book was Dante...I love different tastes in the books; like infos about paintings, books or another art related things. But this book had too much sometimes. It felt like it was obsessed with Dante that I had some hard times to concentrate the real story about Gabriel and Julia.

On the other hand this book was well-written. But sometimes I thought I was reading a book from 19th century. Because it was different from the recent contemporary romance novels.

Gabriel's Inferno starts with angry and dark Gabriel Emerson but it ended with a total lover, romantic and too gentle Gabriel. Is this the love effect?


“Look at me. Look into my eyes." His eyes fixed on hers as they fluttered open.
"I'll give you anything. My body, my soul, Take them. Take everything.”


Gabriel's secrets were good and strong. The thing he had done...A big sacrifice that I needed to wait a second to take another breathe.

The thing I loved the most about this book was tension. Gabriel's Inferno was tense about everything.
I have waited for someone to find out Gabriel and Julia's secret relationship,
I have waited for Julia and Gabriel to make love (cause sexual tension was so much even for me- sorry for Gabriel)
I have waited for a fight,
And at the end of the book I have waited for a cliffhanger, till the end of the book.
There was none. But it was enough for me to be tense.

As you see I have tons of confusing thoughts about this book. A lot things I loved that made me keep listening and a lot things I didnt like much that made me roll my eyes. But no matter what, I had good time while reading it.

At the end of the book despite the confusing thoughts I like that book. But I can say that I will take a break with this one before reading the second book of the serial.


“I’ve always had a terrible weakness for beautiful but sad things.”





No comments:

Post a Comment